Save Money on Your Heating and Cooling Bills
Protect Your Home With Proper Insulation and Ventilation
Protect Your Home With Proper Insulation and Ventilation
Air leakage into and out of your home is costing you money and decreasing overall home comfort.
Signs of a leaky house can be drafts, high energy bills and/or ice. With the help of a blower door test, infrared camera, and physical testing, we can help you find sources of air leakage in your home. We will then provide you with customized solutions we implement to reduce energy cost and improve the comfort level in your home; like spray foam, silicone seal, and weather stripping.
Helps keep warm, conditioned air in the home during heating season and hot, uncomfortable air out in the summer.
Whether it’s your attic, walls, or floors we will help you design a work scope that best fits your comfort and budget needs. We may recommend several options depending on your needs, home construction and framing.
Commonly used insulation:
- Cellulose – either blown in or dense packed, this extremely environmentally friendly product will slow heat transfer and help improve your comfort and energy savings.
- Spray Foam – Our trained insulators will fill gaps and cover areas other insulation cannot get to (insulation air sealing).
- Foam Board – This rigid board can cover large spaces and provide a semi-finish look when combined with air sealing.
Glass Block Windows
Security, Efficiency and Style
Replacing leaky basement windows with sturdy Glass Block Windows can increase safety and curb appeal while reducing air infiltration.
The blocks are sealed together and mortared to the concrete in your foundation walls, making them harder to break through increasing your safety. This also significantly reduces air flow, increasing home efficiency and comfort. Screen vents can be added or they can be used to vent your furnace or dryer.
Heating and Cooling
Older or improperly installed equipment can run up energy bills and negatively affect your home comfort. We can help you access your heating and cooling efficiencies and recommend improvements where necessary.
As comfort experts, we are familiar with several options:
- High efficiency furnaces
- Heat Pumps and Air Conditioners
- Water heaters
- Ductless heating and cooling
Crossfield takes the extra time to make sure the system we install is properly sized for your home and your needs.
A Crossfield Home Energy Solutions audit can make your home safe & comfortable and lead to lower energy bills!
Crossfield Satisfaction Guarantee
Since 1993, the Crossfield Team has been committed to 100% customer satisfaction while providing and maintaining comfortable, energy-efficient home environments for our customers in Monroe, Wayne and Ontario Counties.
To us, "100% Customer Satisfaction" aren't just words - it is the result of a customer-focused approach backed by honesty, integrity, attention-to-detail and team member training. It has led to our continuous growth, and allows Crossfield to provide a Lifetime Craftsmanship Warranty, quality-driven and reliable products, that are backed by 24-hour customer service every day of the year.
How can you tell if you need an energy audit?
Do you have unusually high utility bills? Drafty rooms? Uneven heating and cooling? Excessive dust? Icicles? Cold floors? Air quality issues? Health and safety concerns?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then you need can benefit from an audit. Our free energy audit will help you understand how to save money and make your home more comfortable.
"Team Crossfield" means the following for our customers...
- We will take the time to listen and communicate clearly so you are comfortable and informed in your decisions.
- We will provide information and advice so you can determine the best energy and comfort solution for your home and budget. We will never just "install a box."
- When the "cry for help" goes out, you'll know we care. We'll provide timely, professional, and helpful service 24 hours a day.
- Our highly skilled, trained technicians take great pride in their work and careers
- Our knowledgeable, empowered office team members will take care of you quickly - without red tape
What is involved in an energy audit?
Crossfield will make your energy audit both simple and informative for you. Here's what your audit will include:
- A discussion of your specific comfort concerns
- Health and Safety inspection and tests
- Insulation inspection / general home inspection
- Blower door test with infrared camera inspection
- We check for gas leaks, carbon monoxide levels, appliance venting and drafting.
- We test your homes air flow to determine if there is too much or too little which will help us determine the next steps to improving your air quality.
Depending our your specific needs, we may offer several options such as:
- Duct Cleaning
- Active air purification
- Advanced air filtration
- Targeted air sealing and Humidity control
We then review with you a comprehensive report with prioritized improvements, estimated energy savings and installation costs:
- Crossfield implements the upgrades you choose best fit you and your home’s needs.
- We handle all the paperwork, including any financial incentives you may qualify for.
- Crossfield returns to retest your home and show you the results of the energy improvements.
Our Audit Process
Our energy consultants will take the time to listen to your specific comfort and energy concerns. We will help you to understand possible causes and find solutions customized for your home.
Along with your specific concerns, our trained auditors will check other areas of the home:
- We will check your home for health and safety issues like gas leaks, CO and appliance drafting and venting.
- Insulation levels throughout the home (attic, walls, basement)
- We check the equipment efficiencies, condition, and age.
- Ventilation – we visually inspect attics, soffits and crawl spaces for proper ventilation.
Depending on your home’s audit results, we may recommend:
- Air sealing
- Glass block windows
- Air purification units
- Heating and AC upgrades
- Humidity and home airflow controls